Orthodontics in Clyde, NC
Whether you never had the chance to get braces when you were younger or your teeth have shifted out of place over time, orthodontics can realign your teeth and provide you with a straight, confident smile. Remember, having properly aligned teeth isn’t just about a more attractive smile—it’s also better for your dental health! Straight teeth function better and help you avoid problems like gum disease and abnormal wear, which helps ward off more extensive treatments in the future. Straight teeth are also easier to keep clean, improving your dental hygiene for years to come.
At Peak Dentistry, you don’t have to be referred out to an orthodontist to straighten your smile. We offer a range of orthodontics to fit a variety of dental needs and budgets. If you need help deciding which treatment is right for you, please contact our office to schedule an orthodontic consultation.Contact Us
Invisalign is a virtually invisible method of straightening your teeth. This treatment uses clear aligners that are customized for your smile to gradually reposition your teeth. Your aligners will be switched out every one to two weeks and you’ll visit our office approximately every six weeks for new sets.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Clear aligners are much less noticeable than the metal brackets and wires used in traditional braces.
- The aligner trays are made of smooth plastic, lessening the chance of irritation on your cheeks or gums.
- You can remove them completely so brushing is easy and there are no food restrictions.
Many dentists don’t offer more than one choice for clear aligner therapy, but we believe patients should be able to choose a treatment plan that fits their exact preferences and needs! Similar to Invisalign, patients who choose ClearCorrect will receive a series of clear aligners that will straighten their teeth discreetly over the course of a few months or years. ClearCorrect is an excellent choice for teens or adults who want to use invisible braces to achieve a straighter smile!
Advantages of ClearCorrect
- ClearCorrect aligners are produced in America and are thinner and clearer than other brands, which makes them even less noticeable.
- ClearCorrect treatment plans tend to be more affordable than other clear aligner brands.
- ClearCorrect aligners are created throughout the patients’ treatment plan, which helps them fit better and feel more comfortable.
Six Month Smiles® Accelerated Braces
Six Month Smiles uses wires with unique memory technology designed to straighten your teeth faster. They can do this effectively because they focus specifically on the teeth that show when you smile. Just think, you could have a new and improved smile by the time your next dental check-up comes around!
Advantages of Six Month Smiles
- Six Month Smiles are an accelerated orthodontic treatment option, so average treatment time is just a few months.
- These braces have clear brackets and tooth-colored wires so they blend in better with your teeth.
- Six Month Smiles reduces the number of visits you need to make to our office for adjustments.
Traditional Metal Braces
There is a lot to be said for the time-tested technology of traditional braces. Braces are a great go-to for patients who have more severe issues with crooked teeth and misalignment. They’ve also gotten more comfortable to wear over the years thanks to advancements in the dental industry.
Advantages of Traditional Braces
- Braces are great at correcting more complicated cases.
- Since they are attached to your teeth, you won’t have to worry about misplacing them or keeping up with how long you’re supposed to wear them each day.
- Conventional braces are often more affordable than other orthodontic options.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I consider orthodontic treatment?
Once your permanent teeth have fully erupted, you can begin considering orthodontics. Our treatments accommodate teenagers, adults, and everything in between.
What’s the difference between traditional braces and Six Month Smiles?
Traditional braces use metal wires and brackets, while Six Month Smiles is tooth-colored. Additionally, Six Month Smiles produces results considerably faster than traditional braces.
How long does the Invisalign procedure take?
Each case is unique and your treatment time varies depending on the severity of your misalignment. During your initial consultation, we’ll be able to provide you with an accurate timeline.
New Patient Special
New to Peak Dentistry? We’re happy to have you! We have a special offer for all first-time patients to our practice. Print this coupon and bring it with you to your appointment, or mention it to one of our team members at your initial visit!Print Coupon